Gamma Iota Sigma Kappa (GIS) Chapter is an international fraternity whose purpose is to promote, encourage, and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management, and actuarial science as professions; to encourage the high moral and scholastic attainments of its members; and to facilitate interaction of educational institutions and industry through networking and by fostering research activities, scholarship, and improved public relations.
As members of the club, students have an opportunity to hear from actuaries at varying levels from both local and national actuarial firms. At club meetings, actuarial professionals share information about their respective companies and provide helpful employment advice. In addition to meeting with prospective employers, members will also participate in career-building activities, such as resume reviews and interview preparation. These activities help prepare actuarial students for summer internships and ultimately full-time employment.
The Gamma Iota Sigma chapter also helps organize the annual Actuarial Science Career Day, which brings together potential employers with students.
To join Gamma Iota Sigma Kappa chapter at ASU (GIS at ASU), follow the three steps below:
- Complete GIS at ASU’s application form using your ASU email address.
- Attach check payment (personal or cashier's check) for $50 to the first page of GIS at ASU’s application form and seal the envelope. Turn in completed application at front desk of WXLR 216 and ask staff to put envelope in Dr. Jelena Milovanovic’s mailbox, or during a GIS club meeting.
- Check Format:
- Address the check to “Gamma Iota Sigma Kappa Chapter at ASU”
- On the Memo line of the check, write “New Member and your name"
- On the front of the envelope, write “GIS Application" and your full name
- Check Format:
3. Once your application is processed, there are two more actions to do to finalize membership and gain access to Grand Chapter benefits.
- You will receive an email invitation from SunDevilSync to join GIS at ASU. You will need to click on 'Accept' in the email invitation in order to become an official member of ASU's chapter.
- You will receive a link to complete the Grand Chapter's online application to enter the Grand Chapter. This needs to be completed to become a full member of the national GIS chapter.
Membership type is “New”
Preferred email should be asu.edu email
If no previous internships, enter “NA”
Contact Austin Adams (email@example.com) with any questions.
NOTE: Incomplete applications cannot be processed and only completed forms will be considered for membership in SunDevilSync.