How to apply
An applicant must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree in actuarial sciences or a bachelor's degree or master's degree in a closely related field such as mathematics, statistics, business, economics and predictive analytics from a regionally accredited institution or reputable international institution.
Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program.
Additional Application Information
Applicants whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
Applicants should have completed the following courses with a "B" or better (scale is 4.00 = "A"). ASU equivalents are given in parenthesis. Courses may be substituted with approval of the academic unit
- Linear Algebra (MAT 342 or MAT 343)
- Calculus Sequence 1-3 (MAT 270, 271, and MAT 272)
- Applied Statistics (STP 420)
- Advanced Calculus (MAT 370 or MAT 371)
How to apply
You can apply online to the graduate program and can check your application status with Graduate Admissions by using MyASU. Your privacy is protected by the use of an ASURITE User ID and password. If you are new to ASU, your ASURITE User ID and instructions for its activation can be found on your application acknowledgement letter. If you need the application materials mailed to you, contact the Graduate Admissions office.
The following items are required before an application is considered complete and ready for review.
- On-line application to Graduate Admissions.
- Application fee to Graduate Admissions.
- Send official transcripts to Graduate Admissions from all institutions you have attended. Keep in mind that your sending institution will take several days to send out your transcripts. It may take a week or two for your transcripts to arrive at ASU.
- Two letters of recommendation. You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of two (2) references on your online application form.
- Submit a personal statement that specifically addresses your research interests and goals for graduate school.
- Professional resumè
- International students must submit an official TOEFL score to Graduate Education. See Graduate Admissions for English Proficiency Requirements. The Graduate College requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 for admission.
Due to the number of applications we receive, you will not be notified by the school until a decision has been made on your application. You are encouraged to check your application status on MyASU or e-mail email@example.com. Include your name and ASU ID number on all correspondence to the school.